Default Replacing broken window in French door

I have one broken window pane in an oldish wooden French door that
leads outside.

The pane is about 6" x 12" and is held in by wood slats on inside and
outside (no glazing).

Apparently I need to take the door apart somewhat to get a new pane in.
How do I do this?

I found an old thread on this question that said French doors have a
removable molding stop on one side, but I can't find it.

I'm moving next week so I need to get this fixed, and glass places in
town want $150 to come do it.

Thanks.

Take it to them for the day, making sure they know it's an entry door.

For DYI, we'd be starting at square-one, it seems.

mike hide

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have one broken window pane in an oldish wooden French door that
leads outside.

The pane is about 6" x 12" and is held in by wood slats on inside and
outside (no glazing).

Apparently I need to take the door apart somewhat to get a new pane in.
How do I do this?

I found an old thread on this question that said French doors have a
removable molding stop on one side, but I can't find it.

I'm moving next week so I need to get this fixed, and glass places in
town want $150 to come do it.

Thank

Remove one of the wood slats, pull the nails or drive them through the slat
..Slide the slat out then the remaining three should be removed with ease .
Remove the broken pane and replace with new one of the same thickness then
replace the retaining slats.