Gallagher

Default Exterior door window panel question

We have a steel exterior door on our house, styled to look like a French
door. The interior grid panel that makes the glass look like it paned glass
is wood and snaps out so that you can clean the bigger glass panel more
easily. Make sense?

That wooden grid is held in place by little clips that work almost like
glaziers points. You slip a flat, pointy end between the glass and the
rubbery-plastic weather stripping. The other end, which has kind of a bump
or hump in it sits on top of the glass and the wooden grill snaps into
place.

Over the years, we've lost a few of these clips and some have lost their
"spring." I need to get some new ones, but can't find them or even know what
they are called. No brand name on the door...that would be too easy!

Any help appreciated!
Abi

calhoun

"Gallagher" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds a lot like the Anderson grill system. Home Depot stocks Anderson
stuff. go check out one of there displays and see if it is the same
hardware.

ameijers

"calhoun" wrote in message

"Gallagher" wrote in message
[...]

If the big-box doesn't have it, the local 'real' window/glass company
probably will, or know where to get it. They run into that problem when
replacing busted panes. The little metal/plastic hardware bits go flying or
shatter. As for a brand name on the door, try looking on the bottom, or
under the threshold plate or the sweeper thing mounted on the door, or on
the hinges. Also try looking on the other exterior doors in the house- odds
are they are the same brand, if house hasn't been remodeled. Around here,
Pease or Stanley are the common 'name' brands.

aem sends...