Brad Bruce

Default EpoxyShield Differences

After reading the threads here about concrete floor, I started looking at
other alternatives.

I found the Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield. It looks perfect for my basement
laundry area to brighten it up and make it easier to clean.

The problem is, I can only find the GARAGE paint locally. Online, the
basement version is $90 a gallon with the garage version available
locally for $60 a gallon.

What is the difference between the two? The only thing I can find is
that the garage kit includes an acid cleaner where the basement one does
not.

Thanks
Brad
No

I would think that the garage version would be preferable if you like
the color choices. garage floor epoxys are very tough and need to stand
up to hot tires and chemical spills. If it works in your garage I see
no reason it cant be used in your basement. Clean, properly preped
surface is key to any paint/epoxy application. Use the acid cleaner if
it comes in the kit. It couldn't hurt.