Never Enough Money

Default Furnace humifier maintenance

I live in dry Colorado. I have a Lennox furnace humidifier. When I open
it up I see a lot of mineral deposites in it -- calcium I guess. It's
white stiff. Do I need to clean that stuff out periodically? Otherwise,
it seems to work fine...

HeatMan

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in dry Colorado. I have a Lennox furnace humidifier. When I open
it up I see a lot of mineral deposites in it -- calcium I guess. It's
white stiff. Do I need to clean that stuff out periodically? Otherwise,
it seems to work fine...

Yep. Clean it or replace the pad.

1: remove the pad from the humidifier.
2: place pad in 50% vinegar 50% warm water for aprox. 10 min
3: rinse pad thoroughly with warm tap water
4: reinstall pad
if you do this every 3-6 weeks depending on if you have "city water" or
well water you may be able to get 2-3 seasons out of one pad
if you have well water you may want to get an inline water softener
just for the humidifier
(about 10 dollars) if all this seems like too much, just replace the
pad every year (12-20 dollars)

Furnace Maintenance Contract - Consensus David Radlin Home Repair 19 May 3rd 05 05:16 PM
furnace motor maintenance question Krystonia5 Home Repair 4 January 6th 05 02:53 PM
Furnace Maintenance? Dave Home Repair 30 October 9th 04 08:19 PM
Oil fired Furnace maintenance Jim & Lil Home Repair 2 January 21st 04 01:04 AM
Annual HVAC Service contracts. tflfb Home Repair 7 December 30th 03 02:45 AM