frank1492

Default Are Electric Water Heater Thermostats Generic?

I have an old Sears heater for which parts are still available
from Sears, but I wondered if I could get new thermostats from
the HD. How generic are they?
Thanks for your help.
Frank
Jeff Wisnia

frank1492 wrote:

I have an old Sears heater for which parts are still available
from Sears, but I wondered if I could get new thermostats from
the HD. How generic are they?
Thanks for your help.
Frank

IME they have been pretty much the same for many years now, and snap
into their mounts on the heater tank. But there are various styles, like
with or without high temperature safety cutouts and for single or dual
element (top and bottom) heaters.

If you can put up with turning the heater off while you go shopping,
remove the old ones and take them with you to make sure you get ones
with the same mounting and functions. That's easier than relying on your
memory.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

frank1492

Thanks Jeff, will do.
Frank

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
Problem with new water heater (electric) - please advice Robert Home Ownership 8 February 19th 04 05:27 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Electric Water Heater Problem, Repair or Buy new, please help Robert Home Repair 10 January 10th 04 01:09 AM