Ted Swirsky

Default What's a good brand for a tankless electric water heater?

I'm thinking about replacing my old gas water heater with a tankless
electric model.

I would like to know if anyone could comment on good and bad brands.

I was looking at the SETS brand at http://www.tanklessmasters.com/ since
they have a lifetime warranty on parts, but there is also Takagi, Seisco
and others. Anyone have experience to recommend some or tell me some to
stay away from?

Thanks! Ted
m Ransley

TakagI and Bosch are good, Seisco ive heard of someone wih trouble
unresolved, but it may cost you more to operate than Ng even though gas
is much higher. Few areas of the country have cheap electric. You need
to figure your utility costs, for me electric would have to drop from
12 kwh to maybe .07-.08kwh to compare to ng even at its higher price.
Look into a gas tankless I went with Bosch im happy with the savings an
performance. You may need to run a bigger gas ling to the tankless.

SQLit

"Ted Swirsky" wrote in message
newsp.sy9nalegrwebfy@oemcomputer...
I'm thinking about replacing my old gas water heater with a tankless
electric model.

I would like to know if anyone could comment on good and bad brands.

I was looking at the SETS brand at http://www.tanklessmasters.com/ since
they have a lifetime warranty on parts, but there is also Takagi, Seisco
and others. Anyone have experience to recommend some or tell me some to
stay away from?

Thanks! Ted

I was looking into these about 6 months ago. I live in a big city and found
there were no parts available locally. I also found in my area that very few
are installed. I went with a conventional gas heater and am happy I did.

The electric consumption scared the hell out of me at 0.12kw. Some
manufactures even recommended a service change for their units.

m Ransley

Even if it was cheaper to run than Ng, a small Bosch requires a 120a
circuit. Not many people have 120a free in their service, my service is
only 100a with maybe 40a free