Default Sanded Grout OK for Shower Floors?

The space between the bottom row of new tiles on one wall of my shower
and the existing floor tiles will be 1/4". Someone in an earlier post
stated that sanded grout is not good for wet areas.....Is this
correct??? I thought anytime the tile spacing was over 1/8" you were
supposed to use sanded grout, PERIOD.

Any professional or just experienced tile-setters care to weigh in on
this?

newsreader

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing
folks to help you out with all things tile related

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

newsreader

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing
folks to help you out with all things tile related

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

newsreader

Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing
folks to help you out with all things tile related

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

Bob

"newsreader" wrote in message ...
Go here for lots of advice. It is a very active board, with lots of willing
folks to help you out with all things tile related

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/

We heard you the first two times.

Bob

newsreader

Sorry, message wouldn't send on the first try, got an error message I didn't
understand. Guess I fat fingered it when I re-opened

"Bob" wrote in message

We heard you the first two times.

Bob

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
The space between the bottom row of new tiles on one wall of my shower
and the existing floor tiles will be 1/4". Someone in an earlier post
stated that sanded grout is not good for wet areas.....Is this
correct??? I thought anytime the tile spacing was over 1/8" you were
supposed to use sanded grout, PERIOD.

Any professional or just experienced tile-setters care to weigh in on
this?

they were wrong. yes, it's fine and actually preferable.

Grout Sealant cover Home Ownership 9 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
Grout Sealant cover Home Repair 10 March 16th 05 03:14 PM
tile grout options pinya Home Repair 9 February 22nd 05 09:21 PM
Shower tile - verticle seams - caulk or grout? dango Home Repair 3 September 26th 04 11:07 PM
Care for shellac wood floors Vince Woodworking 5 September 14th 03 02:04 PM