Sis

Default brick porch

I'm having a new, all brick porch built in December. I live in Pa, where the
temperature at that time varies, but is usually from 40 degrees and colder.
Is it too cold to apply mortar at those temps? If so, can a cement porch be
built, with the brick added later when the weather warms up? Thanks for any
advice. Sis

Sis

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
If it were me I would wait for warmer weather. If the contractor knows
what he is doing it isn't a problem but that is a big if.

The porch is part of an addition that is being done in December. I know I
should wait, but was wondering if it would be ok to do. Also if the bricks
can be added later. Thanks. Sis

"Sis" wrote in message
I'm having a new, all brick porch built in December. I live in Pa, where
the temperature at that time varies, but is usually from 40 degrees and
colder. Is it too cold to apply mortar at those temps? If so, can a
cement porch be built, with the brick added later when the weather warms
up? Thanks for any advice. Sis

Sis

Thanks so much, Art. The information on that website was really helpful.
Sis
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Check www.bia.org

"Sis" wrote in message

k.net...

Building a porch Geo Woodworking 1 September 16th 05 03:19 PM
Porch support Charlie S. Home Repair 0 August 2nd 05 08:42 AM
HELP! Brick siding pulling away Don Task Home Repair 2 December 27th 03 10:43 PM
How do you measure a brick wall's height? Dean UK diy 1 August 1st 03 06:41 PM
painting exterior brick? someone please talk me out of it! ameijers Home Ownership 3 July 24th 03 07:44 PM