DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   brick porch (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/126294-brick-porch.html)

Sis October 24th 05 03:05 PM

brick porch

I'm having a new, all brick porch built in December. I live in Pa, where the
temperature at that time varies, but is usually from 40 degrees and colder.
Is it too cold to apply mortar at those temps? If so, can a cement porch be
built, with the brick added later when the weather warms up? Thanks for any
advice. Sis

Art October 24th 05 05:15 PM

brick porch

If it were me I would wait for warmer weather. If the contractor knows what
he is doing it isn't a problem but that is a big if.

Sis October 24th 05 10:18 PM

brick porch

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
If it were me I would wait for warmer weather. If the contractor knows
what he is doing it isn't a problem but that is a big if.

The porch is part of an addition that is being done in December. I know I
should wait, but was wondering if it would be ok to do. Also if the bricks
can be added later. Thanks. Sis

Sis October 25th 05 05:50 PM

brick porch

Thanks so much, Art. The information on that website was really helpful.
Sis
"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Check www.bia.org