Default Kenmore dryer timer doesn't advance

I have a Kenmore Series 90 dryer. In either the auto dry mode or the
timed dry, the timer doesn't advance, at all. So the dryer continues
to run. If I move it manually to Off, it stops. The heater element
turns off correctly when the timer is turned to the Off position.

Before I got and drop $85 for a new timer, I'd like to know if that is
the problem or if there is another component that might be bad.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Is there a signal coming in to the timer module telling it to advance,
or does it advance all on its own?

Thanks...

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Kenmore Series 90 dryer

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html

In either the auto dry mode or the timed dry, the
timer doesn't advance, at all

Check for power to the timer motor with a volt meter, power there but
no timer movement/advancing = timer problem.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/