DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore dryer timer doesn't advance (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/125799-kenmore-dryer-timer-doesnt-advance.html)

[email protected] October 21st 05 04:30 AM

Kenmore dryer timer doesn't advance

I have a Kenmore Series 90 dryer. In either the auto dry mode or the
timed dry, the timer doesn't advance, at all. So the dryer continues
to run. If I move it manually to Off, it stops. The heater element
turns off correctly when the timer is turned to the Off position.

Before I got and drop $85 for a new timer, I'd like to know if that is
the problem or if there is another component that might be bad.

Anyone have any experience with this problem?

Is there a signal coming in to the timer module telling it to advance,
or does it advance all on its own?

Thanks...

Appliance Repair Aid October 22nd 05 12:16 AM

Kenmore dryer timer doesn't advance

Hi,

Kenmore Series 90 dryer

Kenmore is made by several different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/searscodes.html

In either the auto dry mode or the timed dry, the
timer doesn't advance, at all

Check for power to the timer motor with a volt meter, power there but
no timer movement/advancing = timer problem.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/