Amun

Default My well is flooded

wrote in message
I live in the country and have a well. I have been noticing my water
seems wetter than it used to. I decided to take the cover off my well
and have a look. When I looked into the well, I was shocked. I
expected to see a pump and pipes and whatever else is supposed to be
in there. Instead I saw water almost to the top of the well. The
well is supposed to be 370 feet deep and I can see water maybe 25 feet
from the top. My well is flooded. No wonder the water is wetter. I
live in Minnesota, so this flooding is not from the hurricanes, and we
have not had any severe rain storms. I dont know what caused this
flooding. I am afraid the water is going to ruin my pump and pipes.
What can I do to solve this? Should I report this to the Red Cross or
FEMA, and should I call my insurance company?

I shut off the water pump just to be safe. I hope someone can fix
this soon because hauling bath and toilet water 14 miles from the city
is alot of work.

Paul

First thing to check is those pipes hooked up to where your fuse panel
enters the house.
Some were installed filled with copper wires and won't let the water drain
properly so it has to back up to your well.

Just rent a pipe auger, and go at it

AMUN

flooded basement Susan Home Repair 7 October 18th 05 04:19 PM
Flooded floor Moisture test? John/Charleston Home Repair 3 September 23rd 05 10:01 PM
flooded floor moisture test? John/Charleston Home Ownership 0 September 23rd 05 04:04 AM
Re-Starting A Flooded Lawnmower Engine: Correct Procedure ? Robert11 Home Repair 1 June 28th 05 02:47 PM
Dealing with Flooded Tools. Dave Mundt Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 04:58 AM