TURTLE

Default Is burning copper dangerous

wrote in message
Is burning copper dangerous?
I am asking because I was camping and tossed some copper dust in the
fire to make the flames colorful. The flames were really nice, but
some drunken guy in the next camp was having a fit about it, saying
that burning copper emits dangerous fumes that when breathed are toxic
and of course, according to him, ALL the smoke was going his
direction. I told the guy to either get lost or to call the police on
us, and they would settle it. (since he was the one that was drunk,
and we were not, I knew that would be fun). Anyhow, I just wanted to
ask and find out if there really is any truth to his claim. (The
idiot packed up and left in the morning, which was great for us,
because we got rid of the moron and had a bigger camp).
.

This is Turtle.

The Human body needs Copper in a very little amount but large doses , i would
think would not be good for you in large volume of it. Protein in the human body
is good for you but protein in large volume has the effect of rattle snake venom
in the body. Rattle Snake Venom is 100% pure protein which will damage the human
body if subjected to the human body.

Also there is something about they not making pots and pans out of copper for
some reason. this could be your reason why it is suppose to not be breathed into
the body.

Anything to a excess will kill you. Drinking 5 gallion of water a day will kill
you.

TURTLE

Chris Lewis

According to TURTLE :
The Human body needs Copper in a very little amount but large doses , i would
think would not be good for you in large volume of it. Protein in the human body
is good for you but protein in large volume has the effect of rattle snake venom
in the body. Rattle Snake Venom is 100% pure protein which will damage the human
body if subjected to the human body.

If Rattle Snake Venom was 100% pure protein, it'd be a solid ;-)

Protein is a class of organic chemicals. Some are extremely toxic in small
doses, most are relatively innocuous, and won't do anything other than make
you sick if you ate vast quantities of it. Most snake venoms have proteins
that attack specific parts of your biochemistry, whether nervous system or
ones that can best be described (somewhat inaccurately) as corrosive
(they _digest_ you).

There's more protein in a handful of peanuts or a slice of meat than there
is in a snake bite.

Also there is something about they not making pots and pans out of copper for
some reason. this could be your reason why it is suppose to not be breathed into
the body.

Many pots have copper _external_ layers to promote better heat distribution, but
not on the interior. I've been hearing some health warnings about copper clad
pans recently.

Copper is toxic to invertibrates (which is why, for example, copper is used
in wood preservatives and aquarium disinfectants) in very low dosages.
Driving copper nails into a tree will kill it. It's only logical to assume
that higher dosages will be toxic to people. And it is.

I'd believe a small amount of "flame color" chemicals thrown in a fire won't
be a serious health issue, but not if you were directly downwind and got
it in your face. Copper sulfate smoke, for example, will be quite acrid
(sulfur compounds, ie: SOx, if nothing else are a bit hard on the lungs - forms
sulfuric or sulphurous acid in contact with moisture - ie: the inside of
your repiratory tract/lungs. Ugh.).

Anything to a excess will kill you. Drinking 5 gallion of water a day will kill
you.

For sure.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Gideon

Hi Turtle,

I don't think that there is nearly as much controversy over copper
utensils as there is currently is over aluminum pots and pans. At
one time there was a lot of concern about aluminum intake and
Alzheimer's disease.

Gideon

TURTLE

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to TURTLE :
[...]

I picked up some articals here on the Millwaukee Public Museum and a spokesman
of Gary Casper. Where he states that Rattle Snake venum is Protein and does the
effect to the animal or human they bite.
http://www.mpm.edu/collect/vertzo/herp/timber/bites.htm

The words you spoke about protein effectring the body in small amounts is true
but not in the way you told it.

You can drink rattle snake venum and not hurt you at all. now if you inject a
very little bit into your blood stream directly by a needle. It will kill you or
come close to killing you. The way the rattle snake venum effects the human body
is the venum is almost pure protein which when injected into you blood stream,
will have bad effects on the human blood stream and the body. it just in so many
words over loads the human body with protein which it is not use to being done
to it. When people get use to being bite all the time , they are getting use to
being over loaded with protein in their system and can handle the high protein
dose. usely after being bite about 10 timers you be come use to it and it will
not bother you. now if you get away from the american rattle snakes you change
the venum and it can get real poison in it like the Coral snake which will work
on the nerves system.

Also about all snake venum protein being a solid. I always thought snakes
injected people and other animals with a liquid venum all these years and not a
powdered venum. now when I say rattle snake venum is just about all protein is
they use protein to mess with the pray and mess it up from running. now other
forms of snakes uses all kinds of different poisins to kill or stop the pray.
When they don't have protein in the injections to the pray to stop them. It will
be referred to by other names as poisins or Toxin . now the Diamond back
Rattlers here in Louisiana does use protein to stop it's pray from running away
and also to stop humans from hurting them.

TURTLE

Chris Lewis

According to TURTLE :

I picked up some articals here on the Millwaukee Public Museum and a spokesman
of Gary Casper. Where he states that Rattle Snake venum is Protein and does the
effect to the animal or human they bite.
http://www.mpm.edu/collect/vertzo/herp/timber/bites.htm

The words you spoke about protein effectring the body in small amounts is true
but not in the way you told it.

You've completely misunderstood what he said. Snake venom isn't dangerous because
it's made up of proteins, it's dangerous because they're made up of specific
proteins with specific properties.

Read the article more carefully - they're talking about, for example, proteins with
hemorrhagic or anti-coagulant properties. Other proteins attack, for example, your
nervous system. But certainly not all proteins have such effects. Most don't. For
example, Adrenalin is a protein. Digestive enzymes are proteins. Most drugs
are proteins.

"Proteins" are, quite simply, a huge family of chemicals (hundreds of thousands
of different chemicals) with a huge variety of effects. Meat is made up out of
proteins. Many plants (especially legumes and nuts) have large quantities of
proteins. _You_ are made up of proteins. There are hundreds (probably thousands)
of different proteins coursing through your bloodstream right _now_.

You could take, for example, several grams of ordinary food protein and
inject it directly into your bloodstream, and while it might have some effects
(your kidneys and/or liver wouldn't like it), it probably wouldn't hurt you.

In contrast, the proteins in snake venum (oh heck, now you have me misspelling
it - "venom"!) are toxic. As in actively poisonous. Milligrams of some
of these poisons will kill you.

Also about all snake venum protein being a solid. I always thought snakes
injected people and other animals with a liquid venum all these years and not a
powdered venum. now when I say rattle snake venum is just about all protein is
they use protein to mess with the pray and mess it up from running. now other
forms of snakes uses all kinds of different poisins to kill or stop the pray.

I was referring to the suggestion that venom was 100% protein. Pure proteins
are solids. Snake venom is _actually_ mostly water with dissolved proteins.

When they don't have protein in the injections to the pray to stop them. It will
be referred to by other names as poisins or Toxin.

You misunderstand that too. Venoms (whether snake, bee, wasp, spider...) are
virtually all protein based, because that's what biological organisms produce.
As is adrenalin, and most of all the other chemicals your body produces to
make it function.

All venoms are poisonous/toxic substances. When scientists start
talking about the science of how the toxin _works_, they become more precise
with their language of what it's _made_ out of.

In other words, "poison" and "toxin" are words describing their effects. "Protein"
is a word used to mean that the chemicals involved are some variety of protein.

Saying a snake venom is a protein doesn't mean all proteins are toxic, in the same
way as thinking the phrase "cars have 4 wheels" means that all 4 wheeled vehicles
are cars.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

TURTLE

[...]

The post before you said there was very little or no protein in the rattle snake
venom and now you changed your mine and state now that the snake venum is just
about all protein !

The protein is what makes you sick or kills you and does all the damage. i was
in a hospital one time for being bite by a Cotton Mouth and the doctor told me
that the effect on me was the effect of the Protein over loading my system with
protein which it is not use to being subjected to. a example of this is take a
car and then have it running and then take a gas can and pour a gallion of gas
in the intake of the engine. it will mess up or die but this is the same effect
as over loading your system with protein.

now explain to me about the % protein snake venum is now after 2 trys.

TURTLE

TURTLE

"Gideon" wrote in message
Hi Turtle,

I don't think that there is nearly as much controversy over copper
utensils as there is currently is over aluminum pots and pans. At
one time there was a lot of concern about aluminum intake and
Alzheimer's disease.

Gideon

This is Turtle

I really don't know about the Al. pots being use and the effect but one thing i
do know and that is all people with Alzheimers disease has a very high level of
aluminum in their blood stream. there has to be a connection there.

TURTLE

Chris Lewis

According to TURTLE :
The post before you said there was very little or no protein in the rattle snake
venom and now you changed your mine and state now that the snake venum is just
about all protein !

You have some very serious comprehension problems Turtle. I said nothing
of the sort.

There are only _milligrams_ of active ingredient in snake bites, the rest
of it is water. When you say that "it's all protein", that implies that
the whole thing is protein. Obviously, it _can't_ be, because venom is
liquid, but pure protein is a solid.

The protein is what makes you sick or kills you and does all the damage.

Your postings all implied that _all_ proteins did this. Obviously, that's
nonsense.

i was in a hospital one time for being bite by a Cotton Mouth and the doctor told me
that the effect on me was the effect of the Protein over loading my system with
protein which it is not use to being subjected to.

An example of your comprehension problem. No doctor would say that "any old
protein will have a similar effect, and it's simply a matter of getting used
to it." Anyone who did needs to get their license revoked.

Increasing tolerance to snake bite venom is mostly a myth. Most snake
bites in North America are not life threatening in the first place.
This "tolerance" is simply that the person becoming more and more
unconsciously aware it's not a big deal, not panicking, and getting
appropriate care without stressing out.

Meanwhile, with the more life-threatening varieties (such as cobra venom), in
reality you usually become more and more sensitive (increasing severity of
reaction) each time. So much so that people who handle them learn that
after a while, even immediate anti-venom won't save them.

Or, they get allergic to the anti-venom - so much for getting "used to
that protein".
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Chris Lewis

According to Captain Joe Redcloud© :
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:56:09 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

I really don't know about the Al. pots being use and the effect but one thing i
do know and that is all people with Alzheimers disease has a very high level of
aluminum in their blood stream. there has to be a connection there.

100% of people who have Alzheimers have at some time consumed water!
There MUST be a connection there. In fact, 100% of people who have
ever died have at some time consumed water. It must be a deadly
poison!

Have you ever seen the MSDS for dihydrogen monoxide? They need
to ban it. It's everywhere and it's REALLY DANGEROUS!

But governments refuse to do so.

Coverup! Coverup!

Seriously, tho, there seems to be some interesting evidence pointing
elsewhere as a cause for Alzheimer's. Alzheimers tends to be more
prevalent in industrialized countries. Which could of course simply
be because those people tend to live longer to encounter it. However,
there's one undeveloped third world area that has had a _drastic_ jump
in Alzheimers over the past 10-15 years, and it's thought to be a big
jump in the consumption of (if I recall correctly), Cassava root. Which,
if I'm not mistaken, is toxic unless prepared properly, and suspicions
are mostly aimed at certain chemicals in the root that are essentially
identical to chemicals used as plasticizers in the plastics industry.

Meanwhile, other people are pointing fingers at plasticizers because
they bioaccumulate, and are beginning to be found in surprising
quantities in people (ie: in breast milk).
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Is burning copper dangerous RobR Home Repair 11 October 19th 05 03:33 PM
Is burning copper dangerous Joseph Meehan Home Repair 0 October 17th 05 11:59 AM
Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
type of copper to use to repipe house Ron Home Repair 42 February 9th 05 03:59 PM
Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan) Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 330 July 21st 04 11:59 PM