Toller

Default Fallen Tree & Insurance question

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:00:40 GMT, 3rd eye wrote:

I've got a neighbor whose tree branches fell on my garage busting up
the gutter & who knows what else.
Until the branches are removed I can't asses the damage
This occured after a heavy snow.

She's telling me her insurance won't cover it.

Does this sound right?

It might be. If her insurance doesn't cover it, then she has to cover it
personally. So what's the issue?

Unless the neighbor was somehow negligent, it is an act of God and he is not
liable.
Obviously he has to talk to his insurance company and maybe a lawyer to get
accurate advice.

Don Phillipson

"Toller" wrote in message

I've got a neighbor whose tree branches fell on my garage busting up
the gutter & who knows what else.

Unless the neighbor was somehow negligent, it is an act of God and he is

not
liable. Obviously he has to talk to his insurance company and maybe a

lawyer to get
accurate advice.

"Acts of God" are the legal class of events that
no one can predict. But:
1. Everyone can predict that every branch of
every tree will fall sooner or later.
2. Knowledgeable people can forecast that a
particular branch is likely to fall this year rather
than next.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Gideon

Toller wrote
Unless the neighbor was somehow negligent, it is an act of
God and he is not liable. Obviously he has to talk to his
insurance company and maybe a lawyer to get accurate advice.

Are you a lawyer or an insurance actuary?

Ice on the road is an "act of God." My hitting you because
of the ice on the road is still my liability.