Ken

Default Washer motor coupler fails - again

I have a Kenmore washer, about 10 years old. I had to replace the motor
coupler (for the first time) about 5 years ago. Had to do the same
about 2 years ago, and lectured the wife about overloading the washer.

Well, about a month ago, I once again had to replace the coupler.
(Maybe she forgot the lecture). Now, just weeks after replacing, it has
failed again. This time she assures me that she has done nothing but a
medium load since the last replacement a few weeks ago. (I believe
her.)

Any ideas why the motor coupler would fail if the wash load isn't that
large?

Ken

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ken" wrote in message

Any ideas why the motor coupler would fail if the wash load isn't that
large?

Little to do with load size. lot to do with alignment. Perhaps some other
part is wearing and causing it to be out of line when operating.