miamicuse

Default Door lock pins?

I have a mortise lock on my front entrance door. It was jammed recently and
it would not fully retract when I turned the cylinder key to open the door.
After I freed it I remove the lock and examine the parts. The deadbolt
appears to be OK. It was jammer because it was out of alignment and hence
caught in the plate of the opposing door. It appears it is out of alignment
because there are supposed (from what I can tell) two "pins" that are
supposed to hold the dead bolt in its tracks. But these two pins are not
there. So I need to get two new pins, or may be that won't help since there
must be a reason those two pins are gone in the first place. What I am
wondering is, what do you call these pins? Is there a name for them, I
tried to do a search on this but not going to work unless I know what they
are called.

Thanks,

MC

Back Hoe pins tm_wilhelm Metalworking 2 February 23rd 05 07:10 PM
Finding dowel pins in ground surface? Tom Gardner Metalworking 9 January 27th 05 02:26 AM
Megahertz PCMCIA Ethernet dongle W. Curtiss Priest Electronics Repair 0 January 16th 05 08:06 PM
Compatiable wrist pins sources? Jason D. Metalworking 10 November 27th 04 02:48 AM
flyback transformer pins hello Electronics Repair 2 August 19th 04 10:21 PM