Default wiring code - cable stackers

I've started to wire a room and bathroom in my basement and I was
hoping to get some clarification about what the code says and what is
generally good practice. I hafve already contacted my local inspector
and am hoping that the upcoming rough inspection goes smoothly.

On the inspectors recommedation, I purchased cable stackers at home
depot to avoid violating the rule that requires cables to be 1 1/4"
away from the edge of a stud. If I run two or three cables in the cable
stacker, does the cable stacker count as an "approved means" of support
as defined by the nec code? i.e. Is each cable stacker equivalent to
stapling the cable or would the cables also need to be stapled in some
way within 12in of the box?

John Grabowski

You will be fine with the cable stackers. No additional securing should be
necessary. I have found that inspectors like it when you use them. Just
make sure that you are following the manufacturer's guidelines for the
number of and type of cables. Have the cable stackers package available if
the inspector wants to see it, but don't voluntarily show it unless he asks
or questions how you used the stackers.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've started to wire a room and bathroom in my basement and I was
hoping to get some clarification about what the code says and what is
generally good practice. I hafve already contacted my local inspector
and am hoping that the upcoming rough inspection goes smoothly.

On the inspectors recommedation, I purchased cable stackers at home
depot to avoid violating the rule that requires cables to be 1 1/4"
away from the edge of a stud. If I run two or three cables in the cable
stacker, does the cable stacker count as an "approved means" of support
as defined by the nec code? i.e. Is each cable stacker equivalent to
stapling the cable or would the cables also need to be stapled in some
way within 12in of the box?

Tim Fischer

The whole POINT of these cable stackers IS to meet code.

-Tim

Thanks.

Is it code to upgrade wiring to first receptacle in run only? Himanshu Home Repair 18 January 23rd 05 08:43 PM
Time-expired cable? CRB UK diy 9 December 2nd 04 11:07 PM
Repairing home in Pennsylvania BS! TOM KAN PA Home Repair 7 May 12th 04 03:06 PM
Wiring Extractor Fan with Timer Timothy Hill UK diy 6 March 15th 04 07:47 AM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM