Default Air Conditioner Maintenance

First-time poster, long-time reader.

Can someone point me to a good resource to help me understand/debug my
HVAC. I have two units, one for upstairs and one for down. The
downstairs unit is leaking water, but there is a drip pan for it with a
PVC pipe to move the water, as if this was intentional. But how much
is too much water? Also, where is this water coming from? The
refridgeration coils in the air moving unit? I think so, but again, it
seems like too much water.

Thanks.

those drip pans and drains need to be cleaned out from time to time
,they get dirt and slime that blocks them.sometimes the drip pans can
actually rust out too..my 2 ton ac puts out about 5 gallons a day.
lucas

Stormin Mormon

I'm not there to see it, but please look for a second drain, up higher. Just
guessing here. The pan you describe might be an emergency over flow pan to
protect the house.

Might want to call an AC repair company. Don't underestimate water damge.

The water is what happens when humid air contacts a cold surface. Water
condenses out.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.