henryc108

Default deck finish

would like impunt on presure treated deck stain in wooded aera

QueryMan

I agree with House Mouse, but only IF you are willing to be as diligent
as him about cleaning and re-treating each year. I used Thompsons for
years while in an older home, and it just doesn't last more than a year
(at best, no matter what the can says), at least not someplace that has
significant rainfall.

If you aren't ready to clean and re-treat each year, I think your best
longevity comes from the opaque or semi-opaque stains. Consumer reports
has done a lot of researching stains, so take a look at their stuff
before deciding. I used a Behr Plus 10 stain that has done very well,
but even that requires touch-ups each year (I think more because of
poor surface prep than because of the stain itself, though).

deck finish ft Home Repair 3 September 4th 05 12:22 PM
Solid Surface Deck, Rebuilding and Coating Phil Anderson Home Repair 2 July 14th 05 11:49 PM
Deck Damage Emergency Michael Roback Home Ownership 2 May 31st 05 05:48 PM
Deck Damage Emergency Michael Roback Home Repair 7 May 29th 05 03:06 PM
Finish for mahogany deck chair John Richards Woodworking 7 May 15th 05 07:36 AM