Mike

Default Bryant furnace not working after changing filter yesterday -- help!

Hey, everyone,

I didn't realize that you should cut the power to the furnace before
changing the filter. Now the heat doesn't work. I can turn on the fan
manually at the furnace, but not from the thermostat.

I've tried just about everything, it seems, except calling a repair
service. Is there something simple I'm missing?

What I've tried:
resetting gas regulator, per instructions, including cycling
the power to the furnace
making sure covers are seated properly
pressing the reset button on the flow valve inside
changing batteries in the thermostat

Thanks,
Mike
Stretch

Is the filter inside the bottom of the furnace? The door switch on the
buttom of the furnace may be keeping it off. It prevents it from
sucking flue gas down the chimney when the blower compartment is open.

It also may be a blown low voltage fuse.

I never turn off the power to change the filter unless I have to open
the unit to do it.

Stretch

Mike

"Stretch" wrote:

Is the filter inside the bottom of the furnace? The door switch on the
buttom of the furnace may be keeping it off. It prevents it from
sucking flue gas down the chimney when the blower compartment is open.

It's not in the bottom of the furnace, rather it's outside in a
separate compartment. There doesn't seem to be a switch or sensor for
the plain tin filter door.

It also may be a blown low voltage fuse.

I'll see if I can figure out where the fuse is -- thanks for the tip.

I never turn off the power to change the filter unless I have to open
the unit to do it.

I never used to, but after this fiasco I'm going to start!

Stretch

is the pilot light lit??

Tim Fischer

Good thing you didn't post in alt.hvac -- they would have belittled you for
not having a pro come out to change that filter for you!

-Tim