Henny bogan

Default cleaning Alkyd paint film from wood floor ( after using turpentine)

I using alkyd on the wood molding in doors. when it drips I wipe it up
with a paper towel moistened with turnpetine. It works but it leaves a
bit of film on there. Is there any good wook cleaning compound to get
that off or just keep rubbing with the paint thinner.

thanks

Barry
Glen Head ny
Norminn

Henny bogan wrote:
I using alkyd on the wood molding in doors. when it drips I wipe it up
with a paper towel moistened with turnpetine. It works but it leaves a
bit of film on there. Is there any good wook cleaning compound to get
that off or just keep rubbing with the paint thinner.

thanks

Barry
Glen Head ny

Use a soft cloth moistened and wrung out with turp or min spirits, then
wipe. Have never had it dry that way, but if some film remains try
Formula 409, soft plastic scrubber if needed.

Henny bogan

thanks for the help

BF

In article , Norminn
wrote:

Henny bogan wrote:
I using alkyd on the wood molding in doors. when it drips I wipe it up
with a paper towel moistened with turnpetine. It works but it leaves a
bit of film on there. Is there any good wook cleaning compound to get
that off or just keep rubbing with the paint thinner.

thanks

Barry
Glen Head ny

Use a soft cloth moistened and wrung out with turp or min spirits, then
wipe. Have never had it dry that way, but if some film remains try
Formula 409, soft plastic scrubber if needed.

keith

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:49:22 -0400, Henny bogan wrote:

I using alkyd on the wood molding in doors. when it drips I wipe it up
with a paper towel moistened with turnpetine. It works but it leaves a
bit of film on there. Is there any good wook cleaning compound to get
that off or just keep rubbing with the paint thinner.

I spray painted my baseboard heat units (w/rustoleum epoxe apliance paint)
the week after we put down new bamboo floring (dumb, I know, but I didn't
realize how bad they were until I took 'em off). What a mess! The spray
went everywhere, even under where I'd masked. Thinner (mineral spirits?)
just moved it around. I was sick! Acetone (with many fans blowing,
windows opened, and latex gloves) cleaned it up pretty well. It took a
lot of time (I still have some spots to go) and paper towels (a dirty
towel moves it around too), but it did clean up the mess.

--
Keith