keith

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:49:22 -0400, Henny bogan wrote:

I using alkyd on the wood molding in doors. when it drips I wipe it up
with a paper towel moistened with turnpetine. It works but it leaves a
bit of film on there. Is there any good wook cleaning compound to get
that off or just keep rubbing with the paint thinner.

I spray painted my baseboard heat units (w/rustoleum epoxe apliance paint)
the week after we put down new bamboo floring (dumb, I know, but I didn't
realize how bad they were until I took 'em off). What a mess! The spray
went everywhere, even under where I'd masked. Thinner (mineral spirits?)
just moved it around. I was sick! Acetone (with many fans blowing,
windows opened, and latex gloves) cleaned it up pretty well. It took a
lot of time (I still have some spots to go) and paper towels (a dirty
towel moves it around too), but it did clean up the mess.

--
Keith