Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default lights dim when boiler cycles - can this be helped?

When the boiler in my house cycles, the lights dim all over the house.

Is there anything I can do to limit voltage drops like this? My house
has 200amp service; the boiler is on a 20amp circuit with 10 ga
aluminum wire (this is the correct size wire for 20amp); and the cable
between the socket on the outside of the house and the 200amp panel is
enormous.

What can be done? 200amp service for the house is an incredible
overkill. My guess is that the house usually draws 40amp or so during
busy periods, fewer amps otherwise.

Thanks, Michael

Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
CM67 Optimum Start algorithm Set Square UK diy 115 February 13th 04 10:11 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM