New & Improved - N/F John

Default Vinyl siding Starter Strip

Should a gap between the foundation and the vinyl siding starter strip be
caulked? Vinyl siding has holes in it, so I don't think moisture should be
a concern if the gap is caulked. What do you know? I would like to know.
Thanks.

Don Young

Caulking the bottom of anything exposed to the weather is not usually a good
idea. Since the siding is neither airtight nor insect tight, the only thing
the caulking would stop is the drainage of moisture condensing behind the
siding. No advantages and a waste of time and money.
Don Young