TheWayoftheWarrior

Default High-heat adhesive for oven door?

I rent an apartment with a relatively new, great condition GE gas oven. The
only trouble with it is that the broiler door is attached to its brackets
(door door hinge sliding broiler base) by four simple sheet metal
screws. These screws continually loosen and fall out. By now they are
clearly stripping the edges of their holes, so the problem gets worse. I
had thought of two possible solutions to this problem: (1) replace the
screws with bolts -- which would require removing and opening the broiler
door itself to attach bolts from inside it; or (2) replacing the original
screws, but adding a strong adhesive to more or less permanently attach the
door to its brackets -- the simpler solution. I'm not sure if I can open
the door to get at the innards to attach bolts, so the question is: are
there high-heat adhesives for such a purposem that could withstand 600+
degrees of heat over prolonged periods? Any recommendations appreciated,
thanks.
Edwin Pawlowski

"TheWayoftheWarrior" wrote in message
.. .
These screws continually loosen and fall out.

Loctite. If they are stripped, go to the next larger size and use Loctite.

GoHabsGo

TheWayoftheWarrior wrote in
the innards to attach bolts, so the question is: are there high-heat
adhesives for such a purposem that could withstand 600+ degrees of
heat over prolonged periods? Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

What the heck are you cookin' at 600 degrees? I didn't even know that
normal ovens could get that hot.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:02:06 GMT, TheWayoftheWarrior
wrote:

only trouble with it is that the broiler door is attached to its brackets
(door door hinge sliding broiler base) by four simple sheet metal
screws. These screws continually loosen and fall out. By now they are

pop-rivets (???)

Oren
excused from saving Universes."
Edwin Pawlowski

"GoHabsGo" wrote in message
. 244.170...
TheWayoftheWarrior wrote in
the innards to attach bolts, so the question is: are there high-heat
adhesives for such a purposem that could withstand 600+ degrees of
heat over prolonged periods? Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

What the heck are you cookin' at 600 degrees? I didn't even know that
normal ovens could get that hot.

Self cleaning exceeds 700. I do pizza at 500 or so.

Michael Daly

On 22-Sep-2005, TheWayoftheWarrior wrote:

I rent an apartment with a relatively new, great condition GE gas oven.

Have you talked to the landlord? If it's relatively new, there may
still be a warranty. GE might be able to fix it if it's a defect.
Even if it isn't, GE may be able to tell you the prefered way to
fix it.

There are high-temperature glues, but they can be very expensive and
hard to get.

Don't fix it without the landlord being consulted. I never liked the
results when one of my tenants decided to "fix" something.

Mike
Goedjn

the innards to attach bolts, so the question is: are there high-heat
adhesives for such a purposem that could withstand 600+ degrees of
heat over prolonged periods? Any recommendations appreciated, thanks.

What the heck are you cookin' at 600 degrees? I didn't even know that
normal ovens could get that hot.

That's how you make good pizza. SHove the thing in there
and set the oven to self-clean....
Edwin Pawlowski

"Goedjn" wrote in message

That's how you make good pizza. SHove the thing in there
and set the oven to self-clean....

Mine locks closed at a certain temperature. The pizza would be very well
done by the time it cools enough to release.