Wharf

Default Delonghi Dehumidifier troubleshooting

Hi,
I'm having an issue with my DeLonghi Dehumidifier. (one of the internal
pump models). It is out of warrantee and I'm reasonably sure that I can
make necessary repairs with some troubleshooting help. The DeLonghi
tech line here in the US reads from a script and has no idea how to
help other than bringing the unit in for repair. I'd appreciate knowing
of any other forums that would be appropriate.
BTW...the problem is that the holding tank that needs to be drained
only seasonally fills up and diverts the flow away from the pump to the
removeable tank. That tank fills up and shuts the machine down. Once I
drain both tanks, the pump operates just fine for about 2 weeks. Then
the removeable tank once again fills up and the machine shuts down.
Doesn't sound like a major repair to me, sounds like a filter or valve
problem. Anyway, any help or direction will be appreciated.