Libba

Default Gas Stove top constantly clicks

We have a gas stove top and when I cleaned it up, I probably got some
water in the pilot light area. They do light up but when they are in
the off position, they are constantly clicking - like they are trying
to light. How can I get the clicking to stop? Thanks

--
Libba
Edwin Pawlowski

"Libba" wrote in message
.. .

We have a gas stove top and when I cleaned it up, I probably got some
water in the pilot light area. They do light up but when they are in
the off position, they are constantly clicking - like they are trying
to light. How can I get the clicking to stop? Thanks

Dry it out. The water is probably making a contact just as if you were
hitting the switch. Maybe you can blow some air in the wet spots.

Appliance Repair Aid

Libba wrote:
We have a gas stove top and when I cleaned it up, I probably got some
water in the pilot light area. They do light up but when they are in
the off position, they are constantly clicking - like they are trying
to light. How can I get the clicking to stop? Thanks

--
Libba

Hi,

A copy:

TIP:

Hello,
I have a Kenmore Elite Gas range/oven. This morning I noticed the range
top ignition was clicking all by itself every 15-30 seconds.
I checked all of the knobs to assure they were off and they were.
All burners including the oven light as normal but the ignition will
not stop clicking.

- It is now clicking every 2-3 seconds!
- Does anyone have any suggestions?
- P.S. I turned off the gas and electric until resolved.

While previously cleaning the range control knobs, one of those
switches got wet and was completing the circuit to the spark module
causing it to fire off sparks. A little help from my wife's hair/blow
dryer and were all fixed!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Ed

"Libba" wrote in message
.. .

We have a gas stove top and when I cleaned it up, I probably got some
water in the pilot light area. They do light up but when they are in
the off position, they are constantly clicking - like they are trying
to light. How can I get the clicking to stop? Thanks

Unplug the range.

Seriously, you got moisture in the switches. Remove the knobs and you can
see the switches. One or more of them has moisture inside. you can try
drying them out with a fan placed in front of the range or you can replace
the switches. Edwin was right on.