Rick Onanian

Default Appropriate rpm for snowblower auger?

I have an old Atlas 26" snowblower attachment that mounts on the front
of a lawn tractor and is powered by the tractor. I don't know anything
about it, or about snowblowers at all. It seems to be in working
condition -- it is easy for me to turn the pulley on the power input
shaft (pardon my probably incorrect terminology) by hand, which results
in the auger and the impeller turning. I'm going to hack it on to my
15hp Craftsman tractor.

What I need to know is how many RPM should the auger turn? I realize
that nobody will probably be able to tell me exactly, I have no idea
what kind of range I should be aiming for. 50rpm? 100rpm? 1000rpm?
5000rpm?

Oscar_Lives

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an old Atlas 26" snowblower attachment that mounts on the front
of a lawn tractor and is powered by the tractor. I don't know anything
about it, or about snowblowers at all. It seems to be in working
condition -- it is easy for me to turn the pulley on the power input
shaft (pardon my probably incorrect terminology) by hand, which results
in the auger and the impeller turning. I'm going to hack it on to my
15hp Craftsman tractor.

What I need to know is how many RPM should the auger turn? I realize
that nobody will probably be able to tell me exactly, I have no idea
what kind of range I should be aiming for. 50rpm? 100rpm? 1000rpm?
5000rpm?

For information, call 1-800-800-7310

Hand auger bit set? M&S Woodworking 13 July 17th 05 09:31 PM
Ariens Snowblower Auger Jams [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 25th 05 09:52 PM
Making handle for shell auger Alun Saunders Woodturning 2 November 3rd 04 06:29 PM
Snowblower Auger Jammed: need advice on how to take auger apart Shawn Home Repair 3 January 29th 04 02:42 AM
snowblower auger problem Corey Dale Home Repair 1 January 9th 04 04:45 PM