Default Leaking Dishwater

Our 5 years old whirlpool dishwasher Model#GU940SCGQ3 and serial #
FK4513410 leaks from under the door when it is going through normal
cleaning cycle.

My question is how step by step I can isolate the problem rather by hit
and trial. I will appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Najumee

MrC1

This doesn't answer your question as far as a technique to troubleshoot the
problem with, but I thought I'd share a recent solution to the same
problem...

Mine was simple. It has a plastic tub and a small molded ridge (a seam?)
runs along the middle and across where the door gasket contacts the tub. I
sanded the ridge down and the leak went away.

This was after 2 months of service calls by an applicance repair co.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Our 5 years old whirlpool dishwasher Model#GU940SCGQ3 and serial #
FK4513410 leaks from under the door when it is going through normal
cleaning cycle.

My question is how step by step I can isolate the problem rather by hit
and trial. I will appreciate the help.
Thanks,
Najumee

Tim Fischer

Not sure what "Under the door" means, but step one (if you haven't already)
is to see if the leak is from the tub (indicating an improper door seal,
most likely) or the equipment underneath (indicating one of a myriad of
other problems).

-Tim