Steve

Default Are these kind of outlet connectors OK?

As this group has informed me that the push in method of connection is not
good.
The outlet I just put in uses screws but you don't wrap around the screw you
push the wire in and the screw pulls a metal plate up against the screw.

Is this method acceptable????

Amun

"Steve" wrote in message
As this group has informed me that the push in method of connection is not
good.
The outlet I just put in uses screws but you don't wrap around the screw

you
push the wire in and the screw pulls a metal plate up against the screw.

Is this method acceptable????

Not only acceptable, but prefered.

AMUN

Tim Fischer

"Steve" wrote in message
As this group has informed me that the push in method of connection is not
good.
The outlet I just put in uses screws but you don't wrap around the screw
you
push the wire in and the screw pulls a metal plate up against the screw.

Is this method acceptable????

Yes, since there's a tight mechanical connection.

With the standard "backstabbers", there's only a small spring connection,
which many claim will fail over time and heavy loading.

-Tim

RBM

Personally, I'm not a big fan of clamp type outlets. I've had occasions
where I've tightened them as much as is practical, then as I move the outlet
back into the box, they come loose. I think the wrap around the screw method
is more positive, and you can easily see if its a good connection

"Steve" wrote in message
As this group has informed me that the push in method of connection is not
good.
The outlet I just put in uses screws but you don't wrap around the screw
you
push the wire in and the screw pulls a metal plate up against the screw.

Is this method acceptable????

HorneTD

Steve wrote:
As this group has informed me that the push in method of connection is not
good.
The outlet I just put in uses screws but you don't wrap around the screw you
push the wire in and the screw pulls a metal plate up against the screw.

Is this method acceptable????

In my opinion the answer is yes.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.

GFCI Outlet Wiring Question Alan Home Repair 7 August 7th 05 05:42 PM
Removing Wall outlet kato Home Repair 15 August 1st 05 09:42 PM
outlet in cabinet mike Home Repair 0 February 28th 05 04:39 AM
Wiring problem A Nony Mous Home Repair 10 May 28th 04 03:00 AM
GFCI Outlet Question mooseshoes Electronics Repair 5 December 17th 03 01:51 AM