GoHabsGo

Default Pozidrive

Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

Thanks!
Percival P. Cassidy

I bought a set of Black & Decker bits that included PoziDrive. Although
I bought it in the US, I can't see why they wouldn't sell the same thing
North of the Border.

Perce

On 09/12/05 11:13 am GoHabsGo tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

RicodJour

GoHabsGo wrote:
Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

This taken from a cached web page on Google:

# Pozidrive screwdriver. Pozidrive is special version of Philips star
screw driver. Pozidrive screws are very commonly used on Hella and
Bosch headlights. You know when you need a pozidrive: Even if you have
a set of 12 Philips star screw drivers, you will still find that none
of them fits in the screw. Herman found a very nice German brand name
Wiha Pozidrive #2 at Atlas Machinery in Toronto.

Percival P. Cassidy

On 09/12/05 01:46 pm RicodJour tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

This taken from a cached web page on Google:

# Pozidrive screwdriver. Pozidrive is special version of Philips star
screw driver. Pozidrive screws are very commonly used on Hella and
Bosch headlights. You know when you need a pozidrive: Even if you have
a set of 12 Philips star screw drivers, you will still find that none
of them fits in the screw. Herman found a very nice German brand name
Wiha Pozidrive #2 at Atlas Machinery in Toronto.

I always understood that one can tell a PoziDrive head by the
star-shaped pattern between the "cross arms" -- whereas Phillips heads
*used to* have a dimple between two of the "cross arms."

Other than the B&D bits I mentioned earlier, I have a UK-made #2
PoziDrive driver that I picked up in New Zealand many years ago.

Perce

Michael Daly

On 12-Sep-2005, GoHabsGo wrote:

Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

What size do you need?

They aren't that hard to find. When I needed to get one years ago,
I found one at Atlas in Toronto (#3 for ski bindings). Since then
I've found them in some big box stores like Home Depot. Since they
are used on skis, drivers and bits sold for ski or snowboard
maintenance have them, though usually only #3.

Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife) has #0 and #1 on their multitool.

Go Habs? - if you're in Montreal, try Newman Tools.

Mike
Michael Daly

On 13-Sep-2005, GoHabsGo wrote:

I'm in London.

Have you tried Federated Tool?

Mike
HerHusband

Anyone know where to buy a Pozidrive bit or driver in Canada?

If Pozidrive bits are the combo square/phillips types bits, I just bought
some at the local Home Depot. They were located with the boxed "deck
screws", not in the tool section.

What size do you need?

I think the ones I picked up are #2.

Maybe you can find some online and have them shipped?

Is Sears in Canada? Maybe their tool department would carry them?

Anthony
GoHabsGo

"Michael Daly" wrote in news:vNGdnQtWgrMidbveRVn-
:

On 13-Sep-2005, GoHabsGo wrote:

I'm in London.

Have you tried Federated Tool?

No. Will put them on my list ...

Edwin Pawlowski

"GoHabsGo" wrote in message

Unfortunately not - I'm in London.

Then check out Lee Valley. They have a store in London.
http://www.leevalley.com/home/Stores.aspx?c=1