Jim-Poncin

Default Air conditioner test question

I came across a website that said a test for whether your a/c is working
properly is if the air coming out of your register is 15 or more degrees
cooler than the outside air T (going into the a/c).
Is that a good criterion?

thanks

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:11:03 GMT, "Jim-Poncin"
wrote:

I came across a website that said a test for whether your a/c is working
properly is if the air coming out of your register is 15 or more degrees
cooler than the outside air T (going into the a/c).
Is that a good criterion?

DOn't cross-post this **** to alt.hvac

thanks

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
TURTLE

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
ink.net...
I came across a website that said a test for whether your a/c is working
properly is if the air coming out of your register is 15 or more degrees cooler
than the outside air T (going into the a/c).
Is that a good criterion?

thanks

This is Turtle

From 15ºF to 20ºF is the range but i like closer to 20ºF if possible. now this
is only a real little look at the ability of a hvac system and can be running
poorly and still get these numbers.

TURTLE

udarrell

Jim-Poncin wrote:

I came across a website that said a test for whether your a/c is working
properly is if the air coming out of your register is 15 or more degrees
cooler than the outside air T (going into the a/c).
Is that a good criterion? thanks

NO! That is non sense!

--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...city-seer.html

Stretch

No

The temperature oudside has nothing to do with what you keep the indoor
temperature. Normally the temperature should be between 16 to 20
degrees colder at the supply register than at the return grille. But
that depends on indoor humidity, return temperature and air flow. Many
service techs can't do capacity and efficiency testing, I doubt that
you can.

I do it for our local utility on occasion. It takes several hours and
I use about six thousand dollars worth of test equipment.

Stretch