Tim

Default Warping in bamboo floor planks

I just took delivery of 600 sq ft of 5/8" bamboo flooring and on
unpacking it about 50% is warped.

The planks are about 3ft long and they're warped by up to 1" along
their length. The suppliers claim this is normal and that they'll be
fine once they're nailed into place. I'm not so sure that even if it
does install OK I won't find it lifting in a year's time.

Does anyone have experience or data on what's an acceptable amount for
the planks to be warped by?

Tim

Goedjn

On 8 Sep 2005 22:08:29 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

I just took delivery of 600 sq ft of 5/8" bamboo flooring and on
unpacking it about 50% is warped.

The planks are about 3ft long and they're warped by up to 1" along
their length. The suppliers claim this is normal and that they'll be
fine once they're nailed into place. I'm not so sure that even if it
does install OK I won't find it lifting in a year's time.

Does anyone have experience or data on what's an acceptable amount for
the planks to be warped by?

Tim

If the people you bought it from directly aren't the same
as the people who's name is on the label, try calling the
latter to ask.
keith

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:08:29 -0700, Tim wrote:

I just took delivery of 600 sq ft of 5/8" bamboo flooring and on
unpacking it about 50% is warped.

The planks are about 3ft long and they're warped by up to 1" along
their length. The suppliers claim this is normal and that they'll be
fine once they're nailed into place. I'm not so sure that even if it
does install OK I won't find it lifting in a year's time.

Does anyone have experience or data on what's an acceptable amount for
the planks to be warped by?

I just put down 400 sq. ft. of 6' bamboo. It was all perfect. No way
I'd risk any warped 3' pieces. That's one of the advantages of bamboo;
it's *perfect*. Send it back.

--
Keith
wayne

ask them if they will put it in writing and warranty the warped boards
will lay flat and if the board do stay warped or warp again in 6 mos
they will replace the floor material and labor?

Wayne

keith wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:08:29 -0700, Tim wrote:

I just took delivery of 600 sq ft of 5/8" bamboo flooring and on
unpacking it about 50% is warped.

The planks are about 3ft long and they're warped by up to 1" along
their length. The suppliers claim this is normal and that they'll be
fine once they're nailed into place. I'm not so sure that even if it
does install OK I won't find it lifting in a year's time.

Does anyone have experience or data on what's an acceptable amount
for the planks to be warped by?

I just put down 400 sq. ft. of 6' bamboo. It was all perfect. No way
I'd risk any warped 3' pieces. That's one of the advantages of
bamboo; it's perfect. Send it back.

keith

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:41:22 -0500, wayne wrote:

ask them if they will put it in writing and warranty the warped boards
will lay flat and if the board do stay warped or warp again in 6 mos
they will replace the floor material and labor?

They'll likely just blame the installation.

--
Keith