J. Cameron Davis

Default Did I install floor wrong???

I installed a laminate floor over concrete, and there is thick padding
between the floor and the concrete. I assumed the guy at Menards knew what
he was talking about when he told me the padding would act as a vapor
barrier. Should I have put a layer of plastic between the padding and the
floor? I have a problem with small gaps appearing between pieces of the
floor. Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

"J. Cameron Davis" wrote in message
I installed a laminate floor over concrete, and there is thick padding
between the floor and the concrete. I assumed the guy at Menards knew what
he was talking about when he told me the padding would act as a vapor
barrier. Should I have put a layer of plastic between the padding and the
floor? I have a problem with small gaps appearing between pieces of the
floor. Thanks.

There are pads that also act as the vapor barrier. If you put the right
stuff down, you are OK. What does the manufacturer recommend?