Bill

Default Welding distance to a fixture?

I have a shower balancer that requires threaded inlet pipes and outlet
pipe. (It is a Moen that has some mechanism to keep the water temp
the same even if the laundry is used or toilet is flushed.) I can use
some length of threaded pipe but will need to do some soldering. How
far away from the balancer should I keep the soldering to ensure that
the balancer is not damaged? Would putting a bag of ice over the
balancer help or just screw up the soldering?
Guttersnipe

Take a WET Rag and wind it tightly around the component you wish to protect
from the heat.
This limits the temperature rise to 100 C ( 212 F )
the boiling point of water becouse at this temperature
the process stops being Sensible ( A rise in temperature ) and becomes
Latent ( A change of Phase )

HAVE A NICE DAY SAILOR

"Bill" wrote in message
I have a shower balancer that requires threaded inlet pipes and outlet
pipe. (It is a Moen that has some mechanism to keep the water temp
the same even if the laundry is used or toilet is flushed.) I can use
some length of threaded pipe but will need to do some soldering. How
far away from the balancer should I keep the soldering to ensure that
the balancer is not damaged? Would putting a bag of ice over the
balancer help or just screw up the soldering?

Sacramento Dave

"Bill" wrote in message
I have a shower balancer that requires threaded inlet pipes and outlet
pipe. (It is a Moen that has some mechanism to keep the water temp
the same even if the laundry is used or toilet is flushed.) I can use
some length of threaded pipe but will need to do some soldering. How
far away from the balancer should I keep the soldering to ensure that
the balancer is not damaged? Would putting a bag of ice over the
balancer help or just screw up the soldering?

Solider the MIP ( threaded inlet pipes ) on a length of copper pipe, Then
screw it in shower valve ( balancer) This should keep the rest of you
solider work a little farther away from the valve. It still would be wise to
use the wet rag around the valve. If you want to screw a piece of pipe into
the valve make sure you use brass. Any iron pipe can cause electrolysis, If
you are tying into Iron you need a Dielectric union or nipple. The nipple is
easier, basically piece of pipe with plastic liner.

optimal distance from wall for electrical box for pendant fixture? K Ruck Home Repair 1 June 28th 05 11:50 PM
Starter Welding Set Jeff Polaski Metalworking 5 July 20th 04 05:11 PM
Light Fixture Will No barry martin Home Repair 3 February 23rd 04 10:17 PM
gas or not? Joe Metalworking 11 July 29th 03 09:29 AM
Electronic/Automatic welding masks - a good thing? Frank UK diy 1 July 21st 03 12:39 PM