Jim M

Default Bruce Flooring??

I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

Dave Combs

Our house already had Bruce 3/8" oak flooring when we moved in 7 years ago.
Don't know when it was installed but it was showing wear back then. It's
even worse now because a lot of the coating has worn off. But then, things
have changed a lot, hopeful for the better, in the past 10 years. At our old
house we had installed Mannington and it was holding up great after 3 years
when we moved.

Dave

"Jim M" wrote in message
I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jim M" wrote in message

I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Other brands are better. Visit a store that carries flooring, not Home
Depot or Lowes, and see what is available. I have Mannington for a couple
of years now and like it very much. www.mannington.com

Art

Our solid oak Bruce prefinished floor is 8 years old and for the most part
the gloss is still like new. I think it had their superhard finish.

"Jim M" wrote in message
I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

User Example

Jim M wrote:
I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

I have some Bruce Natural Reflections hardwood floors. it is not
plywood but 5/16" sold wood strips. Seems to be holding up really nice.
We have only had it a year though.

Walter R.

Had Bruce 3/8" engineered planking installed 10 years ago. Looks like new.
No kids or pets, though.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Jim M" wrote in message
I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

keith

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:50:27 +0000, Jim M wrote:

I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Dunno, but 3/8" sounds kinda skimpy. Try http://www.diyflooring.com. We
ended up with the 6' medium-carbonized Bamboo (5/8"). We're not quite
done with it (small peices and screws to plug), but it is very nice
(though *hard*).

--
Keith
Frank Boettcher

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:50:27 GMT, "Jim M"
wrote:

I am considering a Bruce 3/8" wood enginnered floor, "red oak toast". Any
comments on this brand?

Thanks

Have it for four years, heavy traffic and a large house dog. Only
wear is in front of a window that the dog camps and then goes beserk
when another dog, fedex truck or any other trigger comes by. We put a
throw rug in the spot to compensate.