Vic Dura

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:02:50 -0500, Vic Dura
wrote Re OT - How much is regular gas
where you are?:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:05 -0500, "PanHandler"
wrote Re OT - How much is regular gas where
you are?:

It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

Here are the prices in my area:

http://198.6.95.31/ALmetro.asp

Right now about $2.53 and rising.

Well, that was last night. It's $2.89 now.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
Liz

"Tom Miller" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:11:05 -0400, "Liz"
wrote:

| We paid $2.71 at 6:00 p.m. this evening - at Sam's Club in the Philly
| 'burbs. At 4:00 this afternoon the station around the corner from me
posted
| $2.99. At 7:00 it was $3.15. Price gouging at its finest.

If you live in Philly, you should drive over to New Jersey for gas.
Always cheaper in NJ than PA.

It was until recently. Now the prices are just about the same, plus it's
about a 30 mile drive to NJ from our home on the western side of Philly.

Liz

Jeff Wisnia

PanHandler wrote:

It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the
current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Just wondering....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Tom Miller

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:39:11 -0400, "Liz"
wrote:

| "Tom Miller" wrote in message
| On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:11:05 -0400, "Liz"
| wrote:
|
| | We paid $2.71 at 6:00 p.m. this evening - at Sam's Club in the Philly
| | 'burbs. At 4:00 this afternoon the station around the corner from me
| posted
| | $2.99. At 7:00 it was $3.15. Price gouging at its finest.
|
| If you live in Philly, you should drive over to New Jersey for gas.
| Always cheaper in NJ than PA.
|
| It was until recently. Now the prices are just about the same, plus it's
| about a 30 mile drive to NJ from our home on the western side of Philly.
|
| Liz

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of price gouging in New Jersey where the much
lower gas taxes *should* be giving much lower prices but now aren't.
And a 30 mile drive isn't worth it unless you're going that way
anyway.
Jim

MTLnews wrote:

Category 4 storm touches land, and Category 5 fleecing by the Petroleum
companies....

Time for us to apply a Category 6 surcharge on all food exports to the
OPEC members.

Stretch

The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes through
Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving my
area and is shut down because there is no electricity available for the
intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired customer of
mine who used to work at one of the terminals along the way. He told
me he thought it would be running at part capacity in about 2 weeks,
his guess. He says this is a 50 inch line. He told me the pump gas,
fuel oil, motor oil allthrough the same line. They know when to tap
the line to get what they want out of the line. So there will also be
fuel oil and motor oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps
running soon.

I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over $3.00
now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow

Ouch

Stretch

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
PanHandler wrote:

It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the
current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Just wondering....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

in us dollars per gallon

Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
PanHandler wrote:

It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the
current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Just wondering....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

in us dollars per gallon

Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

and more

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Olaf

wrote in message
oups.com...

Venezuela Caracas $0.12

8-O

Olaf

"Olaf" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Venezuela Caracas $0.12

8-O

It's up to $3.499 today.

Amby

$2.99 - 3.29 here in Abilene. Got a tankful for $2.31 on Saturday
(price
war at new Walmart).

Amby

Colonial is up and pumping partially now.

In oups.com,
Stretch spewed forth:
:: The cross country "Colonial" pipeline starts in Texas, goes
through
:: Louisiana, then up east coast. It is one of two pipelines serving
:: my area and is shut down because there is no electricity available
:: for the intermediary pumping stations I got this freom a retired
:: customer of mine who used to work at one of the terminals along
:: the way. He told me he thought it would be running at part
:: capacity in about 2 weeks, his guess. He says this is a 50 inch
:: line. He told me the pump gas, fuel oil, motor oil allthrough
:: the same line. They know when to tap the line to get what they
:: want out of the line. So there will also be fuel oil and motor
:: oil shortage out east if they don't get the pumps running soon.
::
:: I also heard the price of gas in my area is going from just over
:: $3.00 now, to $5.00 per gallon tomorrow
::
:: Ouch
::
::
::
:: Stretch

Jeff Wisnia

PanHandler wrote:
It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour
ago - probably higher now.

A dew years ago I used to be fond of mentioning that except for
municipal water supplies, gasoline was the cheapest liquid you could buy
at retail in small quantities.

Those days are pretty much over, milk is under $4/gallon here in
Taxachusetts, and you get a container with it. Coca Cola and Pepsi in 2
litre bottles at their frequent supermarket sales prices beat the price
of gasoline about a year ago.

******************

I should have asked this when I posted an inquiry earlier today about
the price of gasoline in Saudi Arabia:

What are the typical federal + state taxes on a gallon of gasoline in
the USA and elsewhere in the world?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

You wanna live in the UK mate, over here its almost $8 a gallon!!!
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

keith

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:05:54 +0000, zagga wrote:

You wanna live in the UK mate, over here its almost $8 a gallon!!!

Bitch at your tax collector.

--
Keith
User Example

keith wrote:
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:05:54 +0000, zagga wrote:

You wanna live in the UK mate, over here its almost $8 a gallon!!!

Bitch at your tax collector.

$2.57 here now
Dr. Hardcrab

"keith" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:05:54 +0000, zagga wrote:

You wanna live in the UK mate, over here its almost $8 a gallon!!!

Bitch at your tax collector.

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me.

Tim Fischer

Someone remind me how this relates to home repair?

Dr. Hardcrab

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
Someone remind me how this relates to home repair?

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go

I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door
And kept my mind from wandering
Where it will go

And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Where I belong I'm right
Where I belong
See the people standing there
Who disagree and never win
And wonder why they don't get in my door

I'm painting my room in the colourful way
And when my mind is wandering
There I will go
Ooh ooh ooh ah ah
Hey, hey, hey, hey

And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right
Where I belong I'm right
Where I belong
Silly people run around
They worry me and never ask me
Why they don't get past my door

I'm taking the time for a number of things
That weren't important yesterday
And I still go
Ooh ooh ooh ah ah

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
Stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go oh
Where it will go oh

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where it will go (fade out)

Tim Fischer wrote:
Someone remind me how this relates to home repair?

Greetings Tim,

This posting begins with "OT" for "Off Topic" which means it doesn't
really have to do with home repair. Normally people use OT posts to
ask a group questions they would probably be knowledgeable about but
not what the group was originally intended for. For instance,
Budweiser is the number one beer of Decamillionaires. You might post a
a question about the Bud in the Decamillionaires' Investing forum but
you should be sure to prefix it with OT. You might also just want to
hear the opinion of fellow posters in the group you are familiar with.
For instance I have a different "trust level" (or lack of trust)
associated with different members of the alt.home.repair group so their
a "stranger" who I don't know to trust or not.

Hope this helps,
William

Tim Fischer

" wrote in message
oups.com...
This posting begins with "OT" for "Off Topic" which means it doesn't
really have to do with home repair. Normally people use OT posts to
ask a group questions they would probably be knowledgeable about but
not what the group was originally intended for. For instance,
Budweiser is the number one beer of Decamillionaires. You might post a
a question about the Bud in the Decamillionaires' Investing forum but
you should be sure to prefix it with OT. You might also just want to
hear the opinion of fellow posters in the group you are familiar with.
For instance I have a different "trust level" (or lack of trust)
associated with different members of the alt.home.repair group so their
a "stranger" who I don't know to trust or not.

Not much "trust factor" needed to find out gas prices.

www.gasbuddy.com

-Tim

Terry

Default OT - How much is regular gas where you are?

"HotRod" wrote in message
In Ontario we are paying $1.20 per Litre or roughly $4.80 a gallon. And
from here I can see the refinery.

Canadian dollars are worth less than US dollars. About 84 cents at the
current rate of exchange.

$4.80 in Ontario (Canadian) dollars is about $4.00 per US gallon in US
currency.
Since there are approx 3.78 litres in a US gallon; 4.00/3.78 = about 1.06 US
per litre.

Here in Easternmost Canada we are paying around $1.15 to $1.30 (Averaging
say $1.25) per litre, in Canadian funds at the pump.
So 3.78 * 1.25 = approx $4.73 Canadian which equals 4.73 * 0.84 = 3.97 US
currency per US gallon. BTW in this part of Canada we are pumping it
offshore from under the ocean and also refining some of it onshore, right
here!

Terry

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
While we're at it, is anyone here in a position to inform us about the
current price of gasoline (US$ per US gallon) at the gas stations in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Just wondering....

Jeff

Responding to the post on another news group.

Recent report from a Canadian relative living/working in Qatar, which is
just east of Saudi Arabia, was that automobile gasoline at the pump, was
still costing about 23 cents (Canadian) per litre. Same as it was earlier
in 2005.
That's about 19 cents US per litre or approximately 72 cents per US gallon.
That 23 cents (Canadian) is an increase from about a year and half to two
years ago, when it cost about 18 cents (Canadian) per litre. Roughly, then,
about 57 cents per US gallon.
That change, to 72 cents from 57, for drivers there, has been approximately
a 26% increase.

Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Terry ) said...

Here in Easternmost Canada we are paying around $1.15 to $1.30 (Averaging
say $1.25) per litre, in Canadian funds at the pump.
So 3.78 * 1.25 = approx $4.73 Canadian which equals 4.73 * 0.84 = 3.97 US
currency per US gallon. BTW in this part of Canada we are pumping it
offshore from under the ocean and also refining some of it onshore, right
here!

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with
the price you are paying. The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which
will not happen with gas taxes).

Two months ago, I was in Edmonton on business and filled up the rental
car for a certain price (the actual price isn't important, so I won't
mention it in order to avoid readers from crying!). When I returned to
Toronto, I noticed the gas price was EXACTLY the same.

But the oil mostly comes from Alberta, so shouldn't it be cheaper there?
More importantly, even though the federal taxes are identical in both
places, the Alberta government charges 7 cents per litre while the
Ontario government charges 14.7 cents per litre.

At the retail level, the price will be whatever they feel the consumers
will pay.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon

Duane Bozarth

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with
the price you are paying.

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly lower
than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which
will not happen with gas taxes).

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it
doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.
Pick

Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with
the price you are paying.

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly lower
than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which
will not happen with gas taxes).

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it
doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.

When a municipality cuts gas taxes, many stations don't drop their prices.
I live near Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia recently suspended the state gas
tax for a month. Few gas stations dropped their prices until the state
started going around to various gas stations to have them open their books
and justify their prices.
Duane Bozarth

Pick wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with
the price you are paying.

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly lower
than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which
will not happen with gas taxes).

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it
doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.

When a municipality cuts gas taxes, many stations don't drop their prices.
I live near Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia recently suspended the state gas
tax for a month. Few gas stations dropped their prices until the state
started going around to various gas stations to have them open their books
and justify their prices.

But the tax didn't go anywhere...
HeatMan

"Pick" wrote in message
Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with
the price you are paying.

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly lower
than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which
will not happen with gas taxes).

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it
doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.

When a municipality cuts gas taxes, many stations don't drop their prices.
I live near Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia recently suspended the state gas
tax for a month.

That was actually about 2 weeks.

Pick

Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

Pick wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do
with the price you are paying.

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly
lower than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for
tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets,
which will not happen with gas taxes).

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it
doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.

When a municipality cuts gas taxes, many stations don't drop their
prices. I live near Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia recently suspended
the state gas tax for a month. Few gas stations dropped their prices
until the state started going around to various gas stations to have
them open their books and justify their prices.

But the tax didn't go anywhere...

I guess if you call the station owner or company's pockets nowhere, then
the tax didn't go anywhere. However, at 13.1 million gallons per day
consumption (Georgia's average as of 1991), that's almost 2 million dollars
a day getting pocketed if someone hadn't stepped in.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pick" wrote in message
When a municipality cuts gas taxes, many stations don't drop their
prices. I live near Atlanta, Georgia, and Georgia recently suspended
the state gas tax for a month. Few gas stations dropped their prices
until the state started going around to various gas stations to have
them open their books and justify their prices.

But the tax didn't go anywhere...

I guess if you call the station owner or company's pockets nowhere, then
the tax didn't go anywhere. However, at 13.1 million gallons per day
consumption (Georgia's average as of 1991), that's almost 2 million
dollars
a day getting pocketed if someone hadn't stepped in.

The tax should not be cut. I'm against taxes and un-needed government
spending but cutting the gas tax does not help the consumer. The gas
companies will continue to sell at high prices knowing the consumer is not
going to stop buying and the government is going to just subsidize them.

If the gas tax is cut, the state will have less income. You can be sure
that does not mean less spending. The money will come from some other tax,
one that may be more oppressive.