nbucko

Default channel balance installation

I raised a window up in my house to replace the missing screen and one
of the channel balances came out of place. So I removed the window in
an attempt to fix it and now I have both balances out and I can't
figure out how to get them back in.

Any help?

C & M

Channel balances??? Are you referring to cthe ounterweights which hold the
window sash in the up position? If so, you will have to remove the inside
window trim. Inside will be a long,cylindrical iron weight in each side
which is tied to a rope which, in turm, is attached to the window sash.
Usually, the rope simply gets old and rots allowing the weight to drop to
the bottom of the box. While you have it all apart you would be wise to
replace the rope, resisting the urge to simply re-tie the rope to the
weight.

oups.com...