Peter Wells

Default Stuck faucet handles

I need to change the rubbers in a hot and cold shower/tub pair of faucets.
BTW it's a Price Pfisher (sp?). Well I undid the screws but the handles are
on tight. I feel if I pull any harder I'm likely to damage the tiles. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

PipeDown

"Peter Wells" wrote in message
I need to change the rubbers in a hot and cold shower/tub pair of faucets.
BTW it's a Price Pfisher (sp?). Well I undid the screws but the handles
are
on tight. I feel if I pull any harder I'm likely to damage the tiles.
Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Penetrating oil (like WD40) and wiggle. Sure you got the right screw?

Colbyt

"Peter Wells" wrote in message
I need to change the rubbers in a hot and cold shower/tub pair of faucets.
BTW it's a Price Pfisher (sp?). Well I undid the screws but the handles

are
on tight. I feel if I pull any harder I'm likely to damage the tiles.

Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Spend the under $10 and buy a puller for the handles.

The suggestion to treat them with a liquid wrench type product is also a
good suggestion; best used in combo with the handle puller.

Colbyt

Colbyt

"Peter Wells" wrote in message
Is a handle puller different to a general purpose puller that you would

use
for a pulley? I was concerned that would mushroom the soft brass shaft of
the valve.

I have no experience with a general purpose puller. The principal is the
same. The size and shape are most likely different.

The handle puller has a center point/pivot that fits inside the screw hole
and 3 fingers that grab the bottom of the handle. The pressure on the stem
is at the most solid point of the stem. Not my best explanation. I have
never damaged a stem or valve using one. In one or two extreme cases over
the years I have damaged the bottom portion of the handle. These were always
cheap chrome handles.

Colbyt

Randy and Ann

I just did this to my tub and had the same problem. I used a pully
puller (at least that's what I call it & it's what your describing). Be very
careful, you can mess up your handles VERY easily. On the plus side, they
sell kits at Lowes and HD that's not too expensive. Good luck. Randy