TP

Default install motorized retractable awning?

Okay, we are ready to install a MatriX motorized retractable
awning. The instructions say mount the brackets minimum 7’6”. I
only have one story home and do have 8’4” to the bottom of my
soffit overhang. My question is should I invest in the roof
mounts and cover just to gain approx. 12” in height? Has anyone
compared looking at this unit in the closed position from a roof
mount or under overhang perspective? Also has anyone experienced
damage from ice or snow with the roof mounts?

Thanks,
TP