No

My personal opinion is it would look best under the soffit or attached to
the facia (Unless you have a gutter)
"TP" wrote in message
Okay, we are ready to install a MatriX motorized retractable awning. The
instructions say mount the brackets minimum 7’6”. I only have one story
home and do have 8’4” to the bottom of my soffit overhang. My question is
should I invest in the roof mounts and cover just to gain approx. 12” in
height? Has anyone compared looking at this unit in the closed position
from a roof mount or under overhang perspective? Also has anyone
experienced damage from ice or snow with the roof mounts?

Thanks,
TP