Default Need to buy a garage door opener

I have a old Genie 88 "Pro" garage door opener (worm drive)that "blew
up" this weekend (It's 10 years old, never gave me any problems until
now). The circuit board fried. It appears to be around $50 or so for a
new board. I figure it's just best to replace the whole unit, instead
of just the circuit board.

My question, can I just buy another motor unit without the jack screw?
Also, I'd like one that has a numeric pad so I can open the door from
the outside without the need for the transmitter....Does this sound
reasonable?

Appreciate any advice...Thank you.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

My question, can I just buy another motor unit without the jack screw?

I've never seen the sold that way.

Also, I'd like one that has a numeric pad so I can open the door from
the outside without the need for the transmitter...

There are all sorts of outdoor switches like that. Many are another form of
transmitter, but with a keypad and mounted outside.

Garage Door Parts, LLC

For the money you would be charged for just the "head" unit you might as
well get the whole assembly.
Many operators come with the keypad as part of the package. You just have
to shop around to find one.
Take advantage of Labor Day Weekend Specials.

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

ups.com...