Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tomkanpa

Default Furnace motor - Too much to pay??

My neighbor called me over, said that the AC/Furnace and basement
lights were off but the breakers weren't tripped. So I looked, found
one labled basement lights which seemed to be tripped but very little.
I turned it off, then on and the lights came on but the furnace didn't.
I told her to turn the fan on at the thermostat. She did, the lights
went off. She wanted to call an electrician, I suggested a furnace man.
Saw her a little later and she thanked me for the suggestion. The
repair guy came, run a few tests, said that it looks like a job for an
electrician. Then he tried one more thing and determined that it was
the furnace blower motor. He replaced it and everything was working.
It's a 13 year old Carrier High-efficiency furnace. The motor and labor
was $310.
This seemed like a lot to me. I didn't say so.
What do you think, was she over charged??