Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Securing heavy electrical cable

The cable (round with a black covering) that feeds our electric range
has no markings that I can make out, but the breaker is a dual 40A, so I
guess the cable must be 8-3 (or bigger) + ground.

What is the approved means of securing this where it runs across the
joists? At present it has nails hammered in on each side and bent toward
each other forming a "two-part staple"! I am sure that this cannot be
kosher, but I can't find anything that is marked as being for cables
this large.

What should I be looking for?

Perce

6mmsq electrical cable rating jim_in_sussex UK diy 2 August 27th 04 10:35 AM
slightly OT NTL/Telewest cable descrambler ntldescrambler UK diy 10 August 26th 04 03:25 PM
Electrical cable - how cold? Anna Kettle UK diy 6 August 22nd 04 07:39 AM
Car aerial cable ARWadsworth UK diy 18 February 25th 04 04:12 PM
Shower electrical cable Jeff UK diy 1 August 13th 03 04:44 PM