Default Sediment Filter

Hi,

I have a drilled well and about one year ago I had to have my pump
replaced. After the new pump was installed I had to have a UV light
with a sediment filter installed to get rid of bacteria. We could not
get rid of the bacteria after shocking it several times - perhaps a
torn lining or something when the new pump was installed.

Anyway, things were great at first and then very slowly over time we
noticed a decrease in water pressure until about to two weeks ago it
was so bad that after 30 mins of running water in the bathtub it was
not even half full. So someone asked if we checked our sediment filter
(this is all new to us and we hadn't even thought of that). Anyway,
sure enough soon as we put a new one on everything was wonderful again.
Well, after just 1 week our water pressure has gone almost as bad as it
was before changing the filter.

We're not positive but we think that our pump is sitting about 40ft
from the bottom of the well (the well is 320ft deep). Is 40ft enough
from the bottom that it shouldn't be sucking up anything from the
bottom of the well? Before we had the sediment filter installed a year
ago, our water always looked really clear. Could the possible rip in
the lining be causing sediment to "fall" into our well? Does anyone
have any suggestions as to why all the sediment all of a sudden, and if
this is just 'normal' do we have any other options besides changing
this filter once a week?

Thanks

DS

I wonder if perhaps you are using too fine a filter. How many microns is it?
I have two sediment filters back to back. I put a 20 micron cartridge in the
first and a 5 micron cartridge in the second. I have to replace them every
couple of months.
ds

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It is a 5 micron cartridge. So I guess I should replace it with a 20
micron. Do you know if a 20 micron cartridge is suitable for drinking
(there would be no bacteria because of the UV light)?

Air conditioner return grille Rick DeBay Home Ownership 5 August 22nd 05 09:04 PM
sand filter problem. RT Home Repair 0 April 9th 05 02:25 AM
York Furnace Filter (High velocity)? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 17th 04 08:20 PM
York Furnace Filter (High velocity)? computer_prog Home Repair 0 January 17th 04 08:16 PM
poor furnace/ac filter fit coloradotrout Home Repair 11 August 28th 03 10:24 PM