Colbyt

Default What are the top 25 Repeated Questions?

For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Pop

"Colbyt" wrote in
message news:uDTIe.226577$_o.86978@attbi_s71...
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this
group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the
results.

Colbyt

Easiest way to figure that out would probably be to
View All, and arrange them by subject. I like the
idea.

Planning a FAQ or something?

Pop

Colbyt

"Pop" wrote in message

Easiest way to figure that out would probably be to
View All, and arrange them by subject. I like the
idea.

Planning a FAQ or something?

Pop

Excellent suggestion about the view thing.
My current news server has a short retention rate so that won't work for me
unless I do the google thing.

Maybe to FAQ thing. Not sure yet.

Colbyt

Jennifer

Colbyt wrote:
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

I'll start I've been a mostly-lurker, sometimes-poster here for at
least 5 years, and these are the ones I remember seeing repeatedly.

How do I replace chipped/cracked/stained tiles and/or grout?

How do I/how should I replace/reface my kitchen cabinets?

What countertop or flooring materials should I use?

How much should it cost to do x, where x = repave a driveway, remove a
dead tree, or replace a roof?

How do I remove wallpaper/how do I fix the messed up walls underneath
the wallpaper?

What's the best paint?

--
Jennifer

Edwin Pawlowski

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I'll start I've been a mostly-lurker, sometimes-poster here for at
least 5 years, and these are the ones I remember seeing repeatedly.

How do I replace chipped/cracked/stained tiles and/or grout?

How do I/how should I replace/reface my kitchen cabinets?

What countertop or flooring materials should I use?

How much should it cost to do x, where x = repave a driveway, remove a
dead tree, or replace a roof?

How do I remove wallpaper/how do I fix the messed up walls underneath
the wallpaper?

What's the best paint?

And I'll add:
What is the best roof and how much will it cost?
What is the best siding and how much will it cost?
What is the best insulation and how much will it cost?
What is the best flooring and how much will it cost?
My toilet is clogged, how do I fix it?
What is the best (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range)
My (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range) is making a strange noise
My refrigerator is not getting cold
Assorted water softener, filtration, reverse osmosis, faucet questions.

JohnR66

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Is brand X windows any good? This post often goes unanswered.

G Henslee

Colbyt wrote:
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Number one has to be: "neighbor's dog ****ting on my lawn". Or
something along those lines.

Followed by electrical and drywall advice.
FDR

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Colbyt wrote:
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Number one has to be: "neighbor's dog ****ting on my lawn". Or something
along those lines.

Followed by electrical and drywall advice.

So the answers to a dog feces problem is shocking it or finishing a room for
it?

Sacramento Dave

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Did I get charged to much? always followed by, What should I do?

Olaf

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Any issues delightfully referred to here from alt.hvac

badgolferman

Colbyt, 8/5/2005, 8:37:46 PM, wrote:

For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Air conditioning problems.

--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988.

MUADIB®

Paper or Plastic?

Do You Wad? or do you fold?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.
Rick

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Lawnmower won't start/stay running

Sam Nickaby

"Colbyt" wrote

For all the regulars out there.
What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?
If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.
If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

How do I Get rid of Roaches, ANTS, Fleas and other creepy insects
The Natural Way?

How do I get rid of Mold, Mildew, Fungus?
What are great Mildew and other Stain Removal Solutions?
How do I Remove grease from driveway and garage floor?

What can I do about Condensation and Sweating Windows?
How can I Soundproof Walls?
How to Remove Popcorn Ceilings texture or Paint?
How do I remove air bubbles from my wallpaper?
How do I Waterproof my Basements?
How to Install a Ceiling Fan?
Garbage disposal Does not work
How do I unclog My Septic Tank that's backing up?
How to remove a screw with a damaged screw head?

How do I Choose Colors?
How do I choose which type of brush should I use? Bristle, Nylon?
How do I Paint Interior Wood and Trim?
How do I Paint Kitchen Cabinets?
How do I Paint Ceramic Tile and Formica?

How to Remove formica from a countertop?
How do I Paint Exterior Wood-Oil vs Latex?
How do I properly vent clothes dryer?
How do I Paint or Wallpaper Wood Paneling?
How do I Paint over Wallpaper?
How do I Repair or Replace Damaged siding?
How do I Prepare rusty surfaces for painting?

25 questions you can try to answer.

Joseph Meehan

Sam Nickaby wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote

Great list of questions.

I will add:

* What size A/C do I need. I have a really big house and how much will
it cost (with no information about the size of the home, where it is
located, age, etc.

* Short life light bulbs

* Do I really need to ..... (any of a long list of electrical or
building codes) ?

* Can I just paint something on the walls to stop basement leaks?

* What battery operated sump pump should I use to keep my basement dry
during a two week power outage?

[...]

Dia duit

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Charlie Bress

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Good list so far but please add

Three way switch wiring
Garage door springs, won't close, etc.
Some outlets don't work (gfi)
Finding good contractor, handyman.
Blocked drain, toilet etc.

I R Baboon

Lar

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:37:46 GMT, "Colbyt"
wrote:

For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

The top question would be found in the answers of any thread...someone
will always ask the poster along the line of "Have you searched
google?"

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv

Colbyt

Thanks to all who have posted. A lot of good replies. I have saved them
all.

I won't waste the bandwidth to respond to each message.

Add more as you think of them.

Having hung around here for as long as I have I can see we are in the summer
cycle of questions.

You guys need to think about the winter cycle.

The dog crap thread always becomes the longest thread. Such much emotion.

Colbyt

Stormin Mormon

25 Getting broken bulb out of socket
24 Holes in drywall patch
23 Mailbox post leans
22 Grubs in the lawn
21 Bathroom sink smells
20 Toilet runs continuous
19 Telephone wiring socket in another room
18 Dishwasher leaks on floor
17 Lock installation -- deadbolts
16 comptuer acts like it's got a virus
15 Attic ventilation
14 furnace doesn't run
13 AC doesn't cool properly
12 Sump pump failure
11
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1 Dog Crap on yard

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Colbyt" wrote in message
For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Luke

wrote:

For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

"Do I need a permit?"

"Do I really need a permit?"

"I mean, do I really really need a permit?

"Isn't a permit just a way for a municipality to rip off homeowners?"

Followed shortly after by someone else asking:

"I just bought a house that had blank done without a permit and I
now want to do blank. What should I do?"

--
Luke
John Bolton goes ballistic: