Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Default Mounting On Concrete Wall

Hi, Everybody,

I am considering mounting a small solar panel to the
outside of my (rented) flat. The neighbours have
satellite teevee dishes, so there shouldn't be any
objections.

I'm not sure of all the layers on top, but I think that
the building is basically made of concrete blocks.

Do I need a special drill bit?

And what sort of anchoring fixtures should be used?
The panel needs to be stable, and stay on in strong
winds, but is fairly light (maybe just a few kilos?)

Thanks...

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

wall Mounting an LCD Bouffont UK diy 16 May 20th 05 09:29 PM
Wall mounting a LCD/plasma TV mike UK diy 4 March 18th 05 12:25 PM
Digging into Concrete and Removing Brick Wall Richard UK diy 3 September 27th 04 10:34 AM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Concrete retaining wall issue revisited. Pat Keith Home Repair 14 August 20th 03 09:35 PM