miamicuse

Default Concrete flooring

How much does it cost to install a concrete floor such as this link:

http://www.lovejoyconstruction.com/conflrsealed.jpg

is it more or less than installing hard wood or ceramic tiles?

I wonder in this case if I already have a concrete slab, and have ceramic
tiles on, do I demolish the existing ceramic tiles and pour the concrete
flooring on top of the slab, or just polish and finish the existing slab?

I understand typically they will cut grooves, is this purely decorative or a
way to put in expansion joints?

Thanks,

MC

Todd H.

"miamicuse" writes:
How much does it cost to install a concrete floor such as this link:

http://www.lovejoyconstruction.com/conflrsealed.jpg

is it more or less than installing hard wood or ceramic tiles?

Speaking only as a potential buyer and homeowner, I'd hope it'd be
MUCH less, cus it sure is ass ugly in comparison to hard wood, or any
other natural finish.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
SQLit

"miamicuse" wrote in message
How much does it cost to install a concrete floor such as this link:

http://www.lovejoyconstruction.com/conflrsealed.jpg

is it more or less than installing hard wood or ceramic tiles?

I wonder in this case if I already have a concrete slab, and have ceramic
tiles on, do I demolish the existing ceramic tiles and pour the concrete
flooring on top of the slab, or just polish and finish the existing slab?

I understand typically they will cut grooves, is this purely decorative or

way to put in expansion joints?

Thanks,

MC

With out seeing the installation area anything would be a WAG.

I would not put concrete over tile.
Polish the existing concrete? Huh No do not polish the concrete you might
want to etch the old concrete for a better bond.

The grooves can be either decorative or expansion.

Call some local contractors and have them look at the area you want to do.
You will probably loose a couple of inches (min) in height if you try the
concrete method. Less concrete might break up in time.

Ever consider the new epoxy paints? They can be made to look like almost
anything. No height worries.

DanG

I have no idea what the picture is showing. If you want to learn
more about decorative concrete go he www.thestampstore.com
or he
www.decorative-concrete.net

New simple slab on grade concrete in my area is about $3-$4 per
SF. Decorative starts at about $9.

Decorative concrete overlays are quite common and are typically
about 1/4". You can get many colors and textures. If you wander
around the stampstore site, you can see many examples.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"miamicuse" wrote in message
How much does it cost to install a concrete floor such as this
link:

http://www.lovejoyconstruction.com/conflrsealed.jpg

is it more or less than installing hard wood or ceramic tiles?

I wonder in this case if I already have a concrete slab, and
have ceramic
tiles on, do I demolish the existing ceramic tiles and pour the
concrete
flooring on top of the slab, or just polish and finish the
existing slab?

I understand typically they will cut grooves, is this purely
decorative or a
way to put in expansion joints?

Thanks,

MC

Floating 5/8" Bamboo Flooring Over Concrete traderfjp Home Repair 4 October 24th 08 11:47 PM
Can't Glue Flooring to Concrete Subfloors SQLit Home Repair 3 December 24th 04 12:13 AM
Laminate flooring Richard Beri Woodworking 7 August 10th 04 01:07 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete? Chris Wilson UK diy 2 July 10th 03 11:01 AM