aj191e

Default uneven floor

I will investigate all circumstances. Thank you all for the excellent
advice. I will check back in to give an update.

rider89 Wrote:
sometimes the foundation is fine, but the ends of the floor joists have
crushed, usually due
to longterm moisture in the footing/foundation. if so, shimming up
the
ends of the joists is a relatively
straightforward process, although getting there to do it can be the
tough
part. another problem
is whether building materials (baseboards, etc) have been added since
the
floor settled. these would
obviously need to be cleared before the floor can be elevated.

bill

"DiDo" wrote in message
news[email protected]
so what is your question

"aj191e"
wrote in
message
. ..-

My kitchen was remodled by the previous owners. The contractor did a
very bad job. If you take a look at one end of the room you will see
that the floor is sloping down. The house is 105 years old and the
addition's floor has settled. Because that end of the kitchen is
where
i would like to put my Refrigerator, i now need to fix the floor.
Is their a product that i can use to even out the floor? It is a
framed
wood floor over a crawspace.

--
aj191e-