C & M

Default Gas tank drain?

I'd like to be able to rain the fuel from my generator's tank but they have
made it a pure PITA to get the line off at either end. I once had a link to
a company that sold all sorts of fittings. Anyone have a link for such
hardware??
TIA

Ulysses

"C & M" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to rain the fuel from my generator's tank but they

have
made it a pure PITA to get the line off at either end. I once had a link

a company that sold all sorts of fittings. Anyone have a link for such
hardware??
TIA

Is there a drain on the carburator float bowl? Some have one. If so you
*might* be able to drain the gas tank completely using that drain. If not
perhaps you can just remove the float bowl and let the gas run out of it.

Personally I've usually found it easiest to remove the fuel line just past
the fuel shut-off valve which makes it easy to empty the gas tank into a gas
can but in my case I've always been able to access that particular part of
the fuel line.

TURTLE

"C & M" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to rain the fuel from my generator's tank but they have
made it a pure PITA to get the line off at either end. I once had a link to
a company that sold all sorts of fittings. Anyone have a link for such
hardware??
TIA

This is Turtle.

I would cut the fuel line between the fuel tank and the carberator and drain it
in a can there. Then install a fuel filter there by using clamps or compression
fittings. No big deal.

TURTLE

Harry K

C & M wrote:
Best and most simple idea I've heard. Thanks
"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..

"C & M" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to rain the fuel from my generator's tank but they

have
made it a pure PITA to get the line off at either end. I once had a

link to
a company that sold all sorts of fittings. Anyone have a link for such
hardware??
TIA

This is Turtle.

I would cut the fuel line between the fuel tank and the carberator and

drain it
in a can there. Then install a fuel filter there by using clamps or

compression
fittings. No big deal.

TURTLE

I am toying with the idea of putting a T just past my shut-off with
another shutoff on the leg. Then I can drain it by just turning the
valve vice having to undo hoses. Wish I had done it last year when I
installed the original shutoff. I wonder about the safety of it tho as
I can see the drain valve possible getting bumped and opening while in
operation.

Harry K